The Newburg Church of Christ exists to glorify God daily, equipping all members at the Newburg Church of Christ in their walk of faith, and work to win lost souls to Christ. We believe in the love, and joy of Jesus that God wants you to have.
Christians at the Newburg Church of Christ believe in the God of the Bible. The Bible, the inspired word of God (2 Timothy 2:16-17), is our only guide in what is taught and practiced (John 12:48). We are not a denomination, but a direct continuation of the Lord’s church established on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:41 & 47). To be added to the Body of Christ, we at Newburg believe in obedience to Christ’s gospel. Obedience to Christ’s gospel consists of the following steps:
- Hearing and learning the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:17).
- Believing that Christ is the Son of God (Hebrews 11:6 & John 6:40)
- Repenting of one’s sins (Luke 13:3).
- Confessing publicly that Jesus is the Son of the God (Matthew 10:32 & Romans :10)
- Being baptized (immersed in water) for the remission of one’s sins (Acts2:38)
- Remain faithful until death (Revelation 2:10).